Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
eyaro
414 Views, 6 Replies

Installation

I started up the Inventor 2013 installer and when it gives you options of which programs to install, there is a notification that says I need to install a Windows Vista hotfix (KB971138).  I went and found and and installed the hotfix but when i restarted the Inventor installer, the same notification was present.  A picture is attached, showing the notification.  Any ideas or solutions?

System:

Compaq Presario CQ60

Memory-2GB

Processor-AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-62 2.00 GHz

Windows Vista Home Premium

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Paul-Mason
in reply to: eyaro

REBOOT Your system and run the Inventor Installer.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
eyaro

Thanks for the idea.  I just tried rebooting, but unfortunately the same notification came up when I started the installer.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

Vista is not a supported OS for Autodesk 2013 products.  You may not be able to install it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Paul-Mason
in reply to: TravisNave

Don't know where you got that from as according to http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/system-requirements/ IV 2013 WILL run on Vista

BUT it could possibly be note 9 that you need to read and find out about

Inventor 2013 has been optimized to take advantage of the SSE2 extended instruction sets supported on Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 64, and AMD Opteron processors. Inventor 2013 will not install on computers that do not support SSE2. Several utilities are available on the Internet that report CPUID, including supported instructions sets.

To check your syster ther is a freware program at http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.60.1-setup-en.exe

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 6 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Vista is not a supported OS as Autodesk has removed support for Vista for the 2013 product line. The link you provided shows that only Windows XP and Windows 7 are supported platforms. Believe it or not, it's my job to know these things. Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Here is the official Autodesk FAQ regarding Vista no longer being supported as of January 1, 2012.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=18424371

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report