Installation & Licensing

mrben09
Message 1 of 2 (266 Views)

Installation through network deployment and admin rights.

266 Views, 1 Replies
11-21-2012 08:44 AM

Hi,

we have a central network deployment model that has worked for many years with no issues. We now have users with locked down windows 7 machines, and they cannot do installs themselves any more as they need admin rights.So currently they have to contact central IT and get them to do the installs, and this takes time.

Is there a way of setting up the admin image so that when runs it uses elevated priviledges that we can set at the server end (as a domain admin for example). I think i'm looking for a switch of some kind but not too sure what it is.

Reading the deployment docs we could go down the SCCM route, but would be more comfortable using the native autodesk deployment model.

This is for many Autodesk products and updates and so haven't listed them here, but if we could revit as an example, i can work out how to do the rest.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)

Re: Installation through network deployment and admin rights.

11-23-2012 10:53 AM in reply to: mrben09

SCCM still uses the deployment packages.  For more info, you can go here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Alias/enu/2013/Help/0000-Alias_In0/0261-Autodesk261/0275-Alternat275/02...

I do agree that for some products, you will need an administrator account to install the software. This post may be helpful if you install and/or configure AutoCAD:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/autocad-family-configuration-file-may-be-locked-b...

David Lau

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube