Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation starts when opening non-Autodesk programs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hallgrimur
258 Views, 4 Replies

Installation starts when opening non-Autodesk programs

Hi

I have set up a network server and put Autodesk MAP 3D up on several computers. When I set up the program I did it with administrative privilege and everything was OK. Now we have the users that have either user or power user privileges on the computer. The MAP 3D works OK but when they try to open some other programs (not all but some i.e. Word) the Autodesk MAP 3D installation window opens and starts to set up something. Since the user does not have administrative privileges this creates an error.

How can I fix this without giving the user administrative privileges.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hallgrimur

I hope to see an answer here, we have the same problem. When I hit F1 in LDD, the installer starts. I also have 2 users that when they start other programs, (HECRAS), the LDD4 installer starts. They can cancel through it (3 times), but this is annoying... Lisa Pohlmeyer hallgrimur wrote: > Hi > > I have set up a network server and put Autodesk MAP 3D up on several computers. When I set up the program I did it with administrative privilege and everything was OK. Now we have the users that have either user or power user privileges on the computer. The MAP 3D works OK but when they try to open some other programs (not all but some i.e. Word) the Autodesk MAP 3D installation window opens and starts to set up something. Since the user does not have administrative privileges this creates an error. > > How can I fix this without giving the user administrative privileges.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I am having the same problem with Map 3d 2005. Is it a problem with a shared DLL? Any help would be appreciated!
Message 4 of 5
dfunnell

Same here!

I have ~60 machines on ADLM with AutoCAD 2005, and only two have this problem. One stopped reinstalling acad on running another app, the other is getting worse!!! The user is complaining now that even though he cancels the acad install it just starts up again, and again, and again.

Is this easy to fix? Would MSI logging be able to show this happening?

I would like to know. Also is anyone getting this with 2006 based products?

Dave F
Message 5 of 5
peter.ashby

we used to get the install every time we logged on - we cured this by setting our profiles as local

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report