Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problems. File corruption.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
laubal3
278 Views, 2 Replies

Installation problems. File corruption.

Hello, I am trying to install 3ds max 2011 version with a student license. It dowloaded sucessfully, but as I went further with my installation it stopped and I was asked to get some sort of a "next volume" and to insert a disk with that volume. As I have no idea what it is, i simply canceled and tried to dowload again, but faced the same problem. After I cancel my installation I am also informed that "some installation files are corrupt". Any idea why is that? Is it me doing something wrong with my dowload or installation, or maybe there is something wrong with the files? I'd appreciate the help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: laubal3

Uninstall the software and re-download  it using our Virtual Agent (#3) here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html

Rename C:\Autodesk to C:\Autodesk2

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
laubal3
in reply to: laubal3

Thank you so much, it helped with the problem. Though now I have another one. When trying to registrate and activate 3ds max 2011 with a students licence, I am told that my serial number in not valid. I have checked it numerous times in both the e-mail I recieved when trying to download and in my account -> product information at autodesk.secure.force.com. The given serial maches the one I typed for my registration/activation, but it says that it is not a valid serial. I tried to do so through both the Autodesk Licesing -Activating window (says it is error 1), which I got after installation and in the registreonce.autodesk.com page (says it is error 2). What can I do about it this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report