Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem - 3DS Max student version

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Mateybob
1031 Views, 9 Replies

Installation problem - 3DS Max student version

Hi there.

I can't seem to install 3DS Max (student version) because it comes up with this error message whenever I try and run the installation file. I'm not really sure what to about it, could someone help me please?

Thanks,

Andrew.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: Mateybob

Message 3 of 10
Mateybob
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I tried using the download now option and it downloaded fine, but now when I try to open it, it says that the app can't run on my PC - http://puu.sh/9p7Xp/137aeb8ba2.png

I don't understand why it says this, because I am using a compatible operating system (windows 8.1) and I have a capable laptop. Any other help you could provide would be much appreciated, I've been trying to install this program all day now, and I'm close to giving up on it.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Message 4 of 10
Mateybob

Hello again.

After removing the C++ thingy's, it finally seems to be working. Thanks very much for your support, it is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Message 5 of 10
Mateybob

Looks like I may have spoken too soon. 

I just checked up on the download and it said "Download aborted - Error 0x000000123 (this isn't the actual error code, sorry I restarted the download without checking it). It may have just been that I lost internet connection for a second, but I'm not sure. If it happens again then I will post the error code here and we will take it from there. If I ever manage to download this software, I really hope it lives up to my expectations; It shouldn't be this diffcult to simply download and install something.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Message 6 of 10
Mateybob

Ok, I'm going to need some assistance again.

Here is the error - http://puu.sh/9phCE/9c0c0720ce.png

Any help that you could give would be really helpful, I really am getting fed up with this now. You're lucky I am getting this for free as a student, if I was paying for all this hassle I wouldn't be very happy.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Message 7 of 10
jessica.t

Hi @Mateybob,

Sorry for the hassle. Would you mind changing your download method to Browser?

How to use a browser for Education Community downloads

Here are a few other precautions to take before your next download:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns. Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 10
Mateybob
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica, thanks for the reply.

It seems to be downloading ok now through the browser, just takes a veeerrry long time on my slow internet, but that is to be expected. Hopefully everything will work out fine now, but I'll let you know if I come across any more problems. Thanks for the support, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Message 9 of 10
Mateybob

Ok, I'm sorry but I am seconds away from giving up. This is about the 6th problem I have come across whilst trying to download and install this product. I am doing my best to not get angry right now but it is very difficult not to when I have been trying for over a day now to get this bloody thing to work.

Here is my new problem. http://puu.sh/9q4ul/d0ce1e047b.png I downloaded it through the Browser Download through the virtual assistant thing. I am using Google Chrome (which I think it said it supports). It took me a whole night to download this, over 15 hours. If I have to download it again and it then doesn't work, I seriously give up on this, because I thought this was meant to be professional software, but in trying to simply download and install it I can see that it is just riddled with bugs that have not been fixed. I would appreciate any help that can be given, and if there is an alternative to spending another whole night downloading it then that would be good. 

Thanks,

Andrew.

Message 10 of 10
david.lau

Can you try the download from here:

https://autodesk.box.com/s/h40m6chfvn5yx0c8724j

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report