Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Plant Design Suite 2012 on a machine which has Autocad 2011

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
runefingarsen
382 Views, 6 Replies

Installation of Plant Design Suite 2012 on a machine which has Autocad 2011

We recently upgraded 2 of our NLM Autocad licenses to Plant Design Suite 2012 Ultimate.

I  Installed the design suite on 4 computers which had installations of AutoCad 2011 and which I decided to leave on their machines..

The idea was that when the users only needed to use Autocad they would not consume a Plant Design license.

Then yesterday I got a call from the users telling me that when they try to open Plant 3D there is no licenses available.

It then turns out that the 2 licenses for Plant Design was taken by to users who had opened "plain" AutoCad 2011.

My question is then: is there any way to avoid this??

//RuneF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: runefingarsen

in your license file do you have a separate Autocad 2011 license?

run your license file through this: www.licenseparser.com

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
runefingarsen
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes.

We have 11 licenses for "plain" AutoCad and the license file states that it is from 2012 and down to ver 2009.

If the 2 users that is supposed to work with the Plant Suite is the first two to open their programs, then there is no problem.

Then the AutoCad 2011 on the 2 remaning computers gets licenses from the pool of 11, but if the plant3D licenses is vacant then those are taken ???

//Rune F

Message 4 of 7

Some tips on combining the licenses

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/troubles-with-combining-license-files-missing-lic...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7

Thx Hashim.

So from information found in the link you supplied it seems that the order in wich the various programs and packages could be an issue of solving my problems.

Will do some testing during the week-end by rearranging the license file.

Thanks again.

//Rune F

Message 6 of 7

"If two licenses contain an identical feature code of the previous versions, the order of the feature within the license file, determines which license is issued first."

Yes, this could be an issue with new suite licenses. Since suites for these products didn't exist in the past, We had to add the older feature codes in the suite (due to 3 version support for subs. license)

Sorry for the trouble, I hope you are able to find an easy resolution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7

Just a little rearranging of the license-file did the trick. Moved the licenseinfo for the Plant Design suite to the end of the file.

Reloaded the file and Voila!  That did solve our problems.Smiley Very Happy

Thanks alot for the feedback.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report