Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Autodesck Revit 2013 - Windows 8.1 ( Framework 4.0)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vaseka93
2714 Views, 4 Replies

Installation of Autodesck Revit 2013 - Windows 8.1 ( Framework 4.0)

Hey guys,

I am trying to install Autodesck Revit 2013 on Windows 8.1
Unfortuanlly next error aries doing this: please see the attached screeshot

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to uninstall .NET Framewor 4.0 which is delivered by default with Windows 8.1 and install .NET Framework 3.5 , if this will resolve my issue ?
2. If yes - can you please support me on these steps to reinstall the Framework 4.0 if this could help me to solve the existing problem.

Thanks in advance,
Vasil

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: vaseka93

Windows Uninstaller can remove all instances of .NET, and Windows Update should be able to put back the ones your Apps/OS need.
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: vaseka93

Keep in mind that Revit 2013 is not supported on Windows 8.x.

However, to install that older version of .NET, you can do so from within the Control Panel > Programs.  You need to add Windows components and it should be an option that you can check.  It is not on by default.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: TravisNave

We will be updating the following page when we get more info on Windows 8.1 support:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/windows-81-support-please-upgrade-cautiously.html

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
DeuceK916
in reply to: TravisNave

What am I supposed to do if my professor requires Revit 2013 and I have a new PC with Windows 8?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report