Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Autocad 2010 on student computers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brian.harry
271 Views, 1 Reply

Installation of Autocad 2010 on student computers

I have a question, I have installed Autocad 2010 on our student computers, we have a 50 user network licence. When a student logs in onto a machine, a mini install is performed and a profile is created for that student. This happens for each student who logs onto a machine, Is this correct?

Can I get the client to use the same profile all the time, and stop this mini-setup running, or is this a feature of Autocad 2010. How has anyone else setup Autocad for shared use. Kind regards
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: brian.harry

AutoCAD creates files and settings in the user profile the first time a user logs in. This is normal. Besides licensing, this is one of the many reasons that AutoCAD is not supported in a roaming profile or terminal service setup.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report