Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of AutoCAD and Revit on Mac

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ak_revup
1168 Views, 1 Reply

Installation of AutoCAD and Revit on Mac

I need to load both AutoCad and Revit on my computer, a MAC.  I know there is AutoCAD for Mac but not for Revit.  How should I approach this?  Should I download regular AutoCAD (for Windows) and run both applications in a Windows partition for compatibility sake?  How big should that partition be?  Or should I go ahead and use AutoCAD for Mac and if I do that does it run natively on OS X or do I still need to run it in a Windows partition via Bootcamp?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: ak_revup

I would use Bootcamp and run AutoCAD and Revit in Windows.  The performance is much better.  I would not install Parallels to point to the Bootcamp partition because of this performance hit.  I would split the drive 70% Mac 30% Windows if you are using only AutoCAD and Revit on the Windows partition.  You can still save  AutoCAD/Revit files to the Mac partition.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/06/mac-backing-up-your-files-from-windows-to-mac.htm...

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report