Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of ACAD 2007 in Windows 7

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DaveSkinner
202 Views, 1 Reply

Installation of ACAD 2007 in Windows 7

I recently had problems with Windows 7 and replaced it with Windows XP. All I got was a new set of problems, so I had a consultant install the seller's copy of Windows 7. Sure enough, another new set of problems emerged. I spent a couple of hours getting the apparent problems worked out, but I didn't try to run ACAD. I tried to run ACAD, and nothing happened. No errors. The little circling arrow came on and then disappeared. I've tried reinstalling ACAD twice, without any change. I also find that Autodesk doesn't even list 2007 as a supported product.

Has anybody else had any problem like this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: DaveSkinner

Generally speaking, the licensing system does not play well on Windows 7, so therefore the applications usually fail to launch.  You need to be running 2010 products or later for Win 7, as the architecture and default folder locations changed a lot between XP and 7. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report