Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues with Inventor 2014 on Windows 8.1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
taizbaker
649 Views, 2 Replies

Installation issues with Inventor 2014 on Windows 8.1

Hi there,

I've installed Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (student edition) but it just dosen't open.
All other programs installed with it run just fine, but when I try running the Inventor a error is shown (the print screen is attached) with this message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application".
I tryed reinstalling but the error still appears, could you help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: taizbaker

look here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=windows+8.1%0D%0A&search...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: taizbaker

taizbaker

Hello. There is no “student edition” to the program that I am aware of. Student license certainly, but you have the full-bore program and the license type should have nothing to do with your error.

This type of fatal error is usually connected to a few things. It could be a corrupt installation (uninstall and reinstall) or an incompatibility with your graphics card.

This program takes processing power. If you have an integrated graphics card on a low-end laptop it may not be sufficient. I would find your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest 2 or 3 card drivers and test them. One may work for you.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report