Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issue - Installer does not load, but shows in processes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ADale
332 Views, 1 Reply

Installation issue - Installer does not load, but shows in processes

3DSMax 2012 student edition on windows 7 x64

When I try to run the program, in both administrator mode and normal mode the installer does nothing, it doesn't even show up but when I do ctrl+alt+delete, it displays the installer there in processes.

I have no idea how to fix this, tried using compatability mode, running as administrator, not running as administrator, closing everything, etc.

I am using Windows 7 x64 and am having no similiar issues with any other program, I am using the student edition, I have already got my details, not had a chance to enter them anywhere yet.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: ADale

Have you tried creating another local account with admin rights and installing it from there?  Sometimes there's user account profile issues that causes wonky behavior. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report