Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation for iMac with Parallels/Windows

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
170 Views, 1 Reply

Installation for iMac with Parallels/Windows

Previously I had problem installing Entertainment Creation Suite 2012, student version on my iMAC with Lion OS.  I didn't know there was an incompatibilty with Lion OS.  You recommended using Parallels/Windows and installing Windows version of Suite. After installing Parallels/Windows and before installing the Suites Windows version, apparently the Mac version had loaded previously and Maya seemed to work.  There are some little problems, such as submenus being unreadable.  Anyway I registered the product and have been using what appears to be the MAC version, which raises the question of what is the diff between MAC and Windows version.  Since there seems to be some glitches in this version, is it your recommendation to uninstall/delete the MAC version and reinstall using the Windows version and do I need to re-register?  I haven't installed other software as part of Suite, which I plan to do.  I appreciate any help in this area.  Thanks...Len 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
INACTIVE_Timmy.DeAustria
in reply to: Anonymous

As far as performance and functionality, it should be the same between a MAC and a Windows version. Unfortunately, Lion OS doesn't fully support Autodesk Products, which explains the problem you are having. The License Transfer Utility is not working properly on MAC. You can find some information here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/license-transfer-utility-autocad-2012-and-mac-os-...

I would suggest to simply uninstall your MAC installation, then just register the Windows version of your application.

Hope this helps.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report