Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation failed (visual c++ 2008 for map 2012)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
969 Views, 2 Replies

Installation failed (visual c++ 2008 for map 2012)

Hi,

We encountered a problem at the beginning of the installation of map 3d 2012. The process stops after a few seconds and the log file refers to this:

Microsoft visual c++ SP1 2008 redistributable error:1603

I found on the web that it means that the component Microsoft visual c++ 2008 is used by another application and that I should restart, install the component separately and then install map 3d 2012. Tried that a few times but every time it fails with the same error. I have the feeling that the component Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 does not install correctly even when it’s done separately. Did anyone experience this before, any suggestion? I have previous version of map on this computer, should I uninstall them?

Thanks, Yohann

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

The 1603 is a very vague error message, please let me know if any of the posts below will help:

http://upandready.typepad.com/.services/blog/6a0147e3c68bef970b014e883f0830970d/search?filter.q=1603

Also check out this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Microsoft-C-libraries-Error-19...

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you very much David for your answer,

Unfortunately, I tryed every solution proposed on the posts you linked on your message and it still doesn't work.

I set the windows size registry to unlimited, I tryed to install the component VCDRedist SP1 2008 directly from the DVD but I stil get this message from the log file:

Launch
PageOpen LaunchDialog  
PageOpen LicenseDialog  
PageOpen ProductInfoDialog  
PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2  
PageOpen FullProgressDialog  
Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86): D:\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2008SP1\vcredist_x86.exe /q
Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
PageOpen InstallCompleteDialog  

My system is windows XP and we have a single network license.

Thanks again to your attention on my case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report