Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error in Autocad 2014 for mac

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Angad93
1375 Views, 6 Replies

Installation error in Autocad 2014 for mac

as i start the installation process and fill in the serial ,press continue...as the installation starts in seconds it shows a installation error

i have tried to download the file again and carry the same process but the same result 

plzz help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: Angad93

Hello Angad and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Which Mac OS are you working with?

Did you install from a disc or virtual download?

You may want to try uninstalling and then re-downloading from a new location.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 7
lee-devil
in reply to: Angad93

I'm having the same (or similar) problem. When I try to install 2014 for Mac, the installer gets through most of the process, but then when validating packages, says "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail."

I am running a Macbook Pro 9,2. Plenty of disc space. I assume the error is due to this:

This is a new computer, but I transferred in the hard drive from my old laptop, rather than having to reinstall everything. Everything else seems to be working well, but the student copy of Autocad 2013 was crashing at startup, and nothing I tried was working. I decided to try reinstalling Autocad, and so chose to install the student version of 2014.

I'm wondering if, even though I uninstalled 2013 (using the Autodesk uninstall app), there's some file somewhere that is left over from the old installation that is gumming up the works.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
lee-devil
in reply to: lee-devil

I'm running 10.9, doing a browser install. I've tried redownloading, to no avail.
Message 5 of 7
jessica.t

Hi Lee and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Will you try this solution to see if it resolves your issue. If not, please respond to the post with further details including error messaging.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 7
lee-devil
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica - thanks! That did the trick.

Best wishes,
Lee

Message 7 of 7
jessica.t

Awesome! You're welcome! And if you have any other questions just let us know! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report