Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation - Student License

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
402 Views, 6 Replies

Installation - Student License

Hi!

So in a nutshell, I keep receiving this message "Setup initialization failed. Connection has expired. Please reconnect to site." whenever I try to install the free student 3-year license for 3ds Max 2015.

I changed browsers and logged in again, yet this message keeps popping up.

I installed and downloaded the software successfully a week ago, then I had to restore my laptop and all data and applications got deleted from the harddrive. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the Autodesk failure message.

Help! please.

Thanks,

Amani 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and welcome to the community!

Have you tried changing your download method? You may also want to try downloading from the Virtual Agent. Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello, I have tried different download methods I made sure that C++, direct x, and net 4.0 were installed however I still get this picture. please see attachment.

I emailed a tech agent and she replied once but is has not replied since. I am running out of time because I am a student and require this for a assignment that is due first thing tomorrow. Please help me. I'm trying not to stress because it is very bad for my health but i dont know what else to do.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, 

If it is solely for your project, then try to download the trial version for now and then deal with the license issues later.....

That is just a quick suggestion,...I was only able to download the software myself after so many errors...and still don't know what was the problem. It is time-consuming and frustrating.

Good Luck

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I've tried that multiple times but every time when I click on authorizing
the terms and conditions a web page pops up and sayes file not found.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

What I usually do prior to any download is the following:

- turning off firewall, 

- install and download the product as a student user...

(I think it is a good idea if you uninstall any previous autodesk version of the software you are using through the control panel.)                                            

try to downlowd using one of the techniques in: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Unfortunately, I am no expert myself, so my advice would be to ask the experts! create a new entry, dont repost anything as a reply.Hopefully, they will reply soon . 

Message 7 of 7
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous, try this solution by our Expert Elite member, @TravisNave. Let me know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report