Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problems 3DS Max

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
melissalk
1673 Views, 6 Replies

Installation Problems 3DS Max

Hi,

I recently purchased the Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014, and I've been able to install all the products, except for 3DS Max. It says that "the installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory", and that I should check my administrative rights. However, I am logged in as the administrator, and all the other programs (AutoCad, Revit, etc.) installed fine in the same folder.

I tried to search for a solution, but all of them led to checking the administrative rights, which I already have, and I've also tried to run setup as administrator from the context menu to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: melissalk

Can you try just downloading 3DS Max by itself and see if it will install? You can use your Suite serial number and product key. Use the Virtual Agent (3) via this blog post:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
melissalk
in reply to: david.lau

Yep, I've tried, but I still got the same error.

Also another thing I should add, I bought this suite through Studica, so it's a USB installation, so I don't think I can download.

Message 4 of 7
dembkod

melissalk,

Hello. It may help if you post a screenshot. Have you turned off your Antivirus? Turn it off and then open your task manager and kill any processes that are remaining. Some antivirus keeps running after you tell it to stop. It could be your issue here.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 7
melissalk
in reply to: dembkod

Hi

I tried to do as you asked, but it led to the same problem. And here is the screenshot of the problem.

Installation issue.jpg

Message 6 of 7
melissalk

Hi

I was wondering if there was any solution to this because the problem still persists?

Thank you in advance.

Message 7 of 7
david.lau

Set this up (skip step 1:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/quick-start-general-installation-workflow.html

Then:

Create a NEW user account with Administrator Privileges i.e. call it Autodesk.  Then in the account, right mouse click and "Run as Administrator".

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report