Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
jmca73
767 Views, 1 Reply

Installation Problem

I'm attempting to install Autocad 2011 on Windows Vista Enterprise SP1. When I run the setup program I get a message saying

The copy functions cannot be used. Failed to copy the following files: I:\ITS\Softlib|autodesk 2011\Autocad 2011\*.exe to C:\users\craa26\AppData\Local\Temp\_ai8d32.tmp

before the seup fails.

I run this using an account wi th Administrator privileges on the machine.

John McA

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: jmca73

Try running setup by right-clickng and choosing Run as Adminstrator.  See if you get a different result.  Also, it appears like you may be installing this from a mapped drive.  Is this a deployment?  If so, it is typically recommended that this run from a UNC path rather than a mapped drive. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report