Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Path not changeable

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SomeoneNew
2561 Views, 2 Replies

Installation Path not changeable

I am trying to install Autodesk Inventor 2013.
But I can not really change the installation path.
Standard is C:\Program Files\Autodesk\
The problem is that C is for my Windows only.
And also has not got much room left (about 800MB).
So I wanted to change the Path to H where all my other Programs are installed.
On H I got over 100 GBs of free space.
I can type it in and the Free space on H is then calculated correctly on the bottom right.
But if I try to continue and install the Programm there
there an Error pops up saying that I haven't got enough free Space and showing my all my partitions with their size and free space.
In this box I cannot select any of the partiotions.
I can just click Try Again or OK.
If I press try again it pops up again and with OK I get back to the Selection and Configuration Screen for the installation.
In the path it still says H:\Program Files\Autodesk like I changed before and the calculated free space is still enough...
There has to be a problem that I can type in another installation path but it is not really changed....
Hope you can help me out how to really change the path.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: SomeoneNew

No, it's because the Windows installer uses your %TEMP% path to install.  You can either clear enough space on your C:\ by cleaning out the %TEMP% folder, disabling hibernation, and moving your virtual memory swap file to H:\ or you can move your %TEMP% variable to a folder on H:\ instead.  In any case, that should help.  There will always be some items that will need to be installed on the C:\ drive, like in your user profile, registry, and icons, etc.

Just do all the above.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Luoma0592
in reply to: TravisNave

I have a problem where i can't even change the location of installation when installing, both the browse and line of path are blocked out where i can click and edit nothing. Also i changed the location of my temp file and still it wanted to install to the C: drive. What should i do then?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report