Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
foallen
343 Views, 3 Replies

Installation Failure

I have downloaded Revit Architecture. During installation my seral number and product key are accepted. then I get to the last screen where it shows several checkboxes for Revit Architecture and some other features. I click for it to proceed with the defaults and the it comes back saying installation failure with no explanation. 

I am a community college student and am downloading the free version. I downloaded (by mistake) Revit 2013 before I realized that what I wanted was Revit Architecture 2012. 

Can anyone explain what is going wrong? THanks, Frank

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DannyHubbard
in reply to: foallen

Frank,

More than like you are running into this problem, http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/autodesk-design-review-2012-microsoft-visual-c-20...

But would need to see the install log files from your TEMP folder to tell more.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: foallen

Your product is likely failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is newer than the version being installed. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue listed in your installation log file and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
foallen
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you. I have a verison of Revit installed and of 3Ds Max. When I deleted them, the installation worked fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report