Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21
Aurala788
1616 Views, 20 Replies

Installation Failure

Ive been reading the forums trying to find an answer to my problems, and I tried everything from downloading it from a different browser, firefox, turning off firewalls, downloading in diagnostic mode, trying a trial version... I talked to an autodesk representative and he said to uninstall everything and reinstall student

I did that and everything looked fine until the same message as always

CRC Failed in Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILM\Common~1.cab

Unexpected end of archive

PLEASE HELP ME!!

autodesk.jpg

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
david.lau
in reply to: Aurala788

Try the extraction on a different computer.  Also make sure that you have a lot of drive space available. 

David Lau
Message 3 of 21
Aurala788
in reply to: david.lau

I have plenty of space and i tried on my mom's laptop and it didnt work. is there a way autodesk could put the individual files up to download?

Message 4 of 21
david.lau

Can you try downloading it again as a "Professional"?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/download/item?id=16324410&siteID=123112

David Lau
Message 5 of 21
Brett.Lilach

I'm having the same problem.  The download usually starts up fine, but three to ten minutes into the download it claims its finished, yet when I try to install I get a pop up saying file has been corrupted.  I've disabled firewalls, tried differnt browsers and still the same thing.  I have enough space on my hard-drive also.  As a side note I've installed 2011 before and never had a problem.

Message 6 of 21
tporter23793

I am having this exact same problem. Could it be a problem with the download? Mine will say it has about a half hour remaining and then all of the sudden it will say the download is finished.  I then continue on to run into this problem.  I am running Windows 7 Professional on a 32-bit system, and am trying to download the student free one month trial version, ultimately to get a full 36 month trial.

Message 7 of 21
Brett.Lilach
in reply to: tporter23793

As long as you have an activation code, download the professional edition and put your code in. 

Message 8 of 21
elmcb92
in reply to: Brett.Lilach

I've tried several thousand different ways to download 2012 only to come up with the same problem (see post download help, elmcb). I also talked to technical support and was refured to this place. I've used 3 different connections, 4 different browsers, firewalls on and off, downloaded their recommended Akami's program manager, used Windows program manager, used Google Chrome's download, and Firefox,even tried to get the 30 day version, only to come up with the same "fail" message every single time. I'm convenienced that it's an Autodesk problem.

Message 9 of 21
david.lau
in reply to: elmcb92

What URL are you downloading from? I can try downloading from the same location as you.

David Lau
Message 10 of 21
elmcb92

Message 11 of 21
david.lau

Please try to download the commercial trial and use the edu serial number. I will test the download next week.

David Lau
Message 12 of 21

I used to have the same problem, what you should do is use a Download manager when you download the file off of the site.

I have found that I cant always make a connection with the server, so the download finishes prematurely and your computer dosent have all of the files.

Here is the link for the manager I used.

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

Message 13 of 21
elmcb92
in reply to: colin.a.bradshaw

Mr. Colin.a.bradshaw,

I just wanted to take the time and personally thank you for your advice. The download manager you recommended did the trick. After countless hours of fustration the program is up and running. I'd by you a drink if I could. Thank you again.

Message 14 of 21

This method worked for me as well.  Thanks a lot Colin.  No more headache!

Message 15 of 21
mcclom08

i have been trying to download 2012 AutoCad Architectual as well and the same failure notice appears.  I downloaded the downloader manager to see if that works and I can't figure out how to make it download through there.. I'm sorry i guess im a little slow, would someone mind explining it to me? thanks!

Message 16 of 21
kragland

THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION!!!!!

Sorry to yell, but I have unsuccessfully downloaded Civil 3d 9 times.  I downloaded the installation program and the 10th time worked.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karisa Ragland

Message 17 of 21
elmcb92
in reply to: mcclom08

mccolm, what you have to do is go to the download page, then right click on download, copy link/shortcut,( I think it appears as "copy shortcut" in Explorer), then go to the download manager and paste the link there. Btw, I used Google Chrome.

Message 18 of 21
mcclom08

thank you, i figured it out already.  I was usng Google Chrome but i think i was using the wrong shortcut.  When i tried it in Internet Explorer it started right away and dowloaded in the manager. 

Thank you thank you.

Message 19 of 21
mcclom08

colin.a.bradshaw you are a genuis!! thank you so much! downloading your way was so much faster and less stressful!! thanks  again! 

Message 20 of 21
mxmno

WOW!  This really and finally helped me out!

Funny thing was, each time I re-downloaded 3dMax it said it weighed 3gb and ended up in 2 gb, i tought it was weird, now using this downloader it has a weigh of 3.2 gb and got succesfully installed, Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report