Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Failure - 3D Studio Max 2012

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
A.J.JAMES4909
1130 Views, 8 Replies

Installation Failure - 3D Studio Max 2012

Keeps failing and returning error 2602 (see attached). That particular dll is located in the x64\max\program files\autodesk\3ds Max Design 2012 folder.

The original install package worked fine on other PCs; just failing on mine. The other PCs are 1 - 2 year old desktops and mine is a four year old laptop. We're all running Win 7 Pro.

Have tried to install via network deployment package, copying the network deployment package to my hard drive and running from there, then recreating the deployment package and finally executing the msi file in the 3d max installation folder. I was sure to uninstall before reattempting each time and this last time I made sure that my registry was completely void of anything Autodesk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AJ

install error.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Man, not even a single view of my post. Feeling pretty lonely right now.

Still trying to work this issue out inline with the articles I'm finding here and elsewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AJ

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: A.J.JAMES4909

Are you able to recreate the deployment sans SP2?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
A.J.JAMES4909
in reply to: TravisNave

Sir,

Not sure how to do that but I long ago gave up on deployment packages and have been attempting to install it directly from the install files. I've tried running the 3dsMaxDesign2012.msi but I always get the same error. Happens immediately after it begins "Copying files..."

And as discussed in other similar posts I do see the 1603 error in the installation log file, both in the distribution package file (which as mentioned I'm not using anymore) and in the %temp% log file.

deployment package.JPG

Message 5 of 9
TravisNave

Your files might very well be corrupt.  You might consider downloading it again.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9
A.J.JAMES4909

Downloading latest software now TravisNave. Will let you know what happens. Appreciate the assistance.

Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

Sounds good.  Keep me posted.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
A.J.JAMES4909

2013 installed successfully. Thanks Travis.

Message 9 of 9
aeron91

Corporation Autodesk is "corrupted"....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report