Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
castillogc
221 Views, 3 Replies

Installation Errors

HI, I went through the whole installation process and at the very end it will tell me that the installation is complete. some products failed to install which is all three of the products for revit architecture 2012. Please help I have tried this two times already and it is very time consuming and I need this version for a class project!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
aaronhai
in reply to: castillogc

Please review this posting: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/09/autodesk-suites-product-design-suite-will-not-ins...

Important: During installation, it is recommended that you have Local Administrative rights, turned off Windows UAC (User Access Control) and ensure the real-time virus scanner is temporarily disabled. For some scenarios, it will be helpful to login as another user with local admin rights and/or copy the contents of the media to you hard drive and install locally.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 4
castillogc

I already have revit architecture 2011, i just wanted to update to 2012. I have no idea what any of the stuff you are talking about is. I am a student and did not have to do all that the last time i downloaded revit

Message 4 of 4
aaronhai

For a start, try you uinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) via the Control Panel, then install the Product Design Suite. You will need to goto Microsoft site to install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) afterwards:

- http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

Important: It is recommended that you have Local Administrative rights, turned off Windows UAC (User Access Control) and ensure the real-time virus scanner is temporarily disabled. For some scenarios, it will be helpful to login as another user with local admin rights and/or copy the contents of the media to you hard drive and install locally.

Aaron Hai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report