Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error #1935

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4919 Views, 5 Replies

Installation Error #1935

Product: Autodesk 3DS Max 2012

Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit

I recently downloaded Autodesk 3DS Max 2012, and the product installation stops when it goes to install - Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable I receive the error # 1935 I've searched the forums and internet for a solution with no success. My windows is up to date with all the latest service packs. I have no clue what the problem is, can anyone help? I attached a picture of the error message I'm recieving.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

Please try

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/microsoft-visual-c-2005-redist...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thanks for the reply Hashim Mundol,

I successfully installed Autodesk 3DS Max 2012 already by just navigating to the 3dsMax2012.msi file within the (C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_3ds_Max_2012_English_Win_32-Bit\x64\max) directory. I don't know why the master Setup.exe file within the (C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_3ds_Max_2012_English_Win_32-Bit) directory couldn't complete the installation. I know the setup file installs other programs as well as 3ds Max 2012, and I figured if I just bypassed the installation of the Microsoft Visual c++ 2005 Redistributable by manually installing just the 3dsMax.msi, installation might work-and it does. The only problem is that all the other programs that install if you install using the master setup.exe directory aren't installed until you manually install them to. I don't know if the failure of installing the Microsoft Visual c++ 2005 Redistributable service pack is going to cause problems in the future however at this point I see know problem with Max.

Message 4 of 6
hashim.mundol

msi installation is not recommended method, but if it works fine for your needs you can leave it as it is.

There could be some functions within the program which might need the vc++ runtime. so if you can install the runtime manually you can avoid these issues.

VC++ is a microsoft component, which can be installed from the their site also; without breaking 3ds max installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

By System Junk, I meant all the temporary files and objects that waste your disk space, and show error 1935 Windows 7. For optimum results, use a System Cleaner application; or follow the instructions given below:

• 1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools.
  • 2. Select your system drive where you selected to install the product.
  • 3. Press ENTER or click OK.
  • 4. Follow the on screen instructions.

I hope this will solve our PC problems (Error-1935.com)

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

i was setup 3ds max 2012 in win7 x64. i was got same error.

why 3dmax need vredist_x86_2005_sp1? i dont know but if it need i try to install it. i was uninstall all of microsoft c++ redestbiter then try install agian. vredist_x86_2005 setup sucessfully but vredist_x86_2005_sp1 dont install on x64 os.

and 3dmax need it. what i must do. use msi file to install it. i cant belive that autodesk dont think about win 7 x64.

i also test all version of c++ ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report