Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation AutoCAD 2014 failed after someone hit the power off button

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KaiGoerder
3085 Views, 5 Replies

Installation AutoCAD 2014 failed after someone hit the power off button

In one of our classrooms I have to install Autocad on 25 computers. It takes almost 1 - 2 hours for one installation. Ok, I take the time.

Yesterday, our headmaster went in the room an shut off the power for the whole room. But the installation on one computer wasn't finished. So I tried today again to install Autocad. The installation started right from the beginning with key and so on. But then it said Installation failed. But I can't find anything on the computer and I can't install Autocad again.

What can I do?

Thank you

Kai

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: KaiGoerder

If the installer may not letting you perform the re-install because it believes the software is already installed most likely there are registry keys left over from a partial install. Please use the microsoft install cleanup fixit tool at the below link

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

1.) Click the "Run now" Button in the Fix-it box

2.) Accept the License Agreement

3.) Choose the option "Detect Problems and let me select fixes to apply"

4.) Select "Uninstalling"

5.) When the list of installed programs populates, select the one from the list you are unable to Re-install and then click next and yes

6.) When the tool completes There may be remnants left so please delete the directory where the product was installed

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
KaiGoerder

Thanks for your answer but it hasn't helped.

When I start the microsoft install cleanup fixit tool I cannot find AutoCad 2014, just 2009, the one we had before and I would like to leave it on the computer until the students are able to use the new one.

The computer still gives me the notice that the installation is done and had a problem.

What can I do?

Message 4 of 6
KaiGoerder

Oh, and I forgot, I attache the protocol of the mistake. Maybe this one helps to find the mistake.

Thank you

Kai

Message 5 of 6
asburyj

Looks like it's failing at the Visual C++ 2008 pre requitise according to your log

"Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86): "E:\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2008SP1\vcredist_x86.exe" /q
2014/2/10:10:30:51 007 PC-007 Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603"

Please try uninstalling all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 from the system and then re install them from the links below and try the Autocad install again. 

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2092

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 6
KaiGoerder

Sorry, that I reply so late.

Had a lot of other problems on that computer so I restarted it tatally.

But thank you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report