Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install question

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Oilymo
708 Views, 8 Replies

Install question

I've just rebuilt my PC with Win 7 from XP (big leap) and i'm having problems with my ACA 2009 DVD's.  For some reason my DVD drive fails to recognise the disk and spits it out.  I did manage to install a copy of ACA 2009 from the Revit Suite but of course I'm not licenced on this version so cannot activate.  I have two other PC's in the office and they can all read the DVD....very strange.

Is it possible (using another PC) to copy the contents of the DVD onto our NAS drive and do the install this way?  If so what are the pitfalls?

Ultimately we'll move onto ACA 2012 but we have a whole heap of work to deal with first that needs to stay on ACA 2009.

Thanks for all help

Ben

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Oilymo

Unfortunately, Autodesk 2009 products are not supported on Windows 7.  You might be able to do the things that you describe above, however, there is no support for this platform.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
Oilymo

Thanks for the prompt response.

I know that the product is not supported on Win 7 but I have one licence working and I had this licence working previously on Vista.

My question was, can I copy the contents of the DVD onto a network drive and install from there?  Will it work?

Many thanks

Ben

Message 4 of 9
philip.s

Hi Oilymo,

Confirming Travis' response / I've provided the following AutoCAD 2009 direct download links (timed for 24hrs) that you can utilize if you're willing to take the chance.

AutoCAD 2009 32BIT - LINK

AutoCAD 2009 64BIT - LINK

Windows 7 Compatability - LINK

Message 5 of 9
plawton5092

Oilymo:

You may also be able to use the XP Mode Virtual Machine - it's a free download from Microsoft, and acts like an installation of XP (inside of Win7), where you can run most XP programs:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx

Good luck

Message 6 of 9
Oilymo

Philip,

Thank you for that, perfect!

Just a couple of questions;

• I notice that there is no option to select the UK Content in the initial install, can I add as a later configuration?
  • What is the Windows 7 Compatability - LINK you posted?

Kind regards

Ben

Message 7 of 9
Oilymo

Philip,

I've just noticed the link was for AutoCAD 2009, I am actually trying to install AutoCAD Architecture 2009 hence the question in my previous post.

Are you able to provide a link for ACA 2009 or am I back to my first question regarding copying the contents of teh DVD onto our NAS drive?

Many thanks

Ben

Message 8 of 9
philip.s

Sorry about that Oilymo

I'm able to provide download links for all programs for the previous 3 supported versions (2012-2010) with a limited selection after that, so we're back to your previous question. 

I've never tested this out, but it stands to reason that you should be able to copy the contents of the DVD onto your network, move them over to your machine, and then install from there.

The Windows 7 compatibility link was included to back up the statement that 2009 products are not supported to run on the OS.

Message 9 of 9
Oilymo

Philip,

Thanks for the email. I transferred the contents of the DVD onto a memory stick and it installed perfectly.

Thanks again

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report