Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install problem come up as aduil8res.dll not found need help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
3203 Views, 4 Replies

Install problem come up as aduil8res.dll not found need help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: 463188

when do you get this error ?

your installation is not complete ?  it is missing language pack

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
jmackle
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Same/similar problem here.

Created 64-bit and 32-bit distribution images for Revit Architecture 2011 - no errors.

Installed to Windows 7 x64 and XP (x86) platforms - no errors.

When I try to start Revit Architecture on either platform, I immediately get the error window "aduil8res.dll not found".

On clicking "ok", I get another error window "Revit could not load REVITMATERIALUI.DLL".

Clicking "ok" to this I get nothing.

AutoCAD 2011 and Material Library were already installed and working on both machines before installing Revit. Material Library was included in the Revit distribution images, but was bypassed during the Revit install with the explanation that it was "already installed".

Message 4 of 5
SEScad
in reply to: 463188

I fixed this problem today on Revit MEP 2011.

googling suggests it is a problem with 32bit network deployments including material database.

my 64bit deployments have worked fine.

adui18res.dll was not there, but RevitMaterialUI.dll WAS.

notice that the errors report the former dll missing, and the latter "unable to load"

it seems that some files are missed from the deployment, and some are the wrong versions: the adui18res.dll is missing, and RevitMaterialUI.dll is mistakenly the 64bit version instead, i'm guessing.

i uninstalled Revit MEP, and re-installed from dvd, this did not fix the problem.

i searched the Revit MEP Suite dvd for the two .dll files in question, and found adui18res.dll in "E:\RevitSetup\RevitMEP\x86.cab" (replace E: with your dvd drive letter)

RevitMaterialUI.dll is not there, but another named AIRLookToolkit_RevitMaterialUI.dll in the same cab file.

i extracted the files,renamed AIRLookToolkit_RevitMaterialUI.dll, removing the prefix upto and including the underscore, then copied the files into "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit MEP 2011\Program", overwriting the existing file.  

this fixed the issue for me.

i dont know if further issues will be encountered, as i read somewhere that there are a number of files missing from the x86 (32bit) deployments, associated with the material library.

hope this helps

Message 5 of 5
jmackle
in reply to: SEScad

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Glad you got a workaround for your issue.

adui18res.dll and RevitMaterialUI.dll existed in the "program" folder on my client installs of Revit Architecture 2011 for both x86 and x64 when I checked.

Uninstalling and re-installing from DVD worked for me. Not what I wanted to do, but I can l can live with it. Having spent a full week a while ago trying to get the deployment of AutoCAD 2011 workiing (problems when the Shared Content folder was set to a shared network folder), I am cutting my losses while I still have some sanity!

Why does the deployment process for Autodesk products have to be so inconsistent and fraught with difficulties? I work in a University environment where I deploy 30+ different CAD packages and none give as much trouble as Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report