Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install from a deployment fails

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gtwatson77459
320 Views, 2 Replies

Install from a deployment fails

I just got 4 NLM versions of ACAD 2012 and I had upgraded one of them from my ACAD 2006 so I really have 3 NLM and another that was an upgrade.  I am new to this so bear with me.  I created a deployment and installed it on another PC but can't get it to run (I created another topic on this problem).  I went to install it on my PC (on a Network of course) which has the old ACAD 2006 installed. 

When I go the the LNK file and install the deployment (silent mode on) I can watch the progress and it installs ACAD 2012 ( I can look at my C: drive and see folders and files being created) then something happens and the install backs out and removes all the folders and files with no explanation.  I tried to look at the log file on my PC but it is binary which I don't read at all.

The deployment was created from one of my 3 NLM versions, so do you think it matters that I am trying to install ACAD 2012 on the PC with the 2006 already installed?  Shouldn't they co-exist?  I removed the silent check box and may try it again and see what message pops up.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kevin.moore
in reply to: gtwatson77459

Hi,

The "AutoCAD 2012 Setup.log" file is in your Temp folder.

Enter  %temp% in the Windows Explorer address bar and press enter.

The log file is in plain text and can be read with Notepad.   It will show what installation failed and where the "rollback" started.   You can add the file here or just post the few lines before the "rollback" entries start.

Common problems:

1. NET 4.0 must be pre-installed and the system rebooted before running the AutoCAD deployment.

2. Pending Windows updates.

3. An older version of AutoCAD was run and there are still processes running.

I highly recommend running Windows Update to get all of the most recent updates, which includes updates for  .Net 4.0, even if it is not installed.   With that .Net 4.0 installed, your AutoCAD deployment may run without having to pre-install .Net 4.0.

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
gtwatson77459
in reply to: kevin.moore

I thought I did a search and found a .LOG file in the ACAD directory that was created yesterday and it was a bunch of solid rectangular blocks like a binary file.  I'm at home now and will be back at work on Monday and will try it then if I can read this group (I'm having trouble at work with formatting or display)

I'm pretty sure checked the .NET and saw that I had 4.0 installed.  ACAD 2006 was not running, I shut down everything I could after rebooting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report