Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install error when running setup file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thutcherson
311 Views, 2 Replies

Install error when running setup file

I am getting the attached error message with both revit 2014 and CAD 2014. I am trying to install on a new 64 bit computer that is running windows 8. Any thoughts?

I have tried disabling the antivirus software, deleting the files in the temp folder, and downloading the software from a virtual agent at autodesk. Nothing seems to make a difference...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: thutcherson

Welcome to the peer forum. 

Try disabling UAC as much as possible in Win8.  Enable the Administrator account.  Login as Administrator and install it from there.  See if you get the same error.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: thutcherson

Another suggestion from me is try to empty your temp folder(access by %temp% in your Windows Explorer), then reboot the machine,and try to reinstall.

Hope that helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report