Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install both Inventor 2012 Standart and Professional in the same machine.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Fera3
851 Views, 3 Replies

Install both Inventor 2012 Standart and Professional in the same machine.

Hi,

My company has three permanent licences from Autodesk Inventor Standart 2012 (Design Suite Preimum), and one licence from Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012 (Design Suite Ultimate), which we want to use as a floating license.

We intend to use this this floating licence in the same three computers that use the permanet licences, but after all set, in the of the wizard setup from Inventor Professional (using an administrative image for network licence) it claims that hte software is already installed on the computer...

Is it possible to install the professinoal edition in this computer???

Thanks in advance for any support...

Greetings

Felipe Gama

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: Fera3

No.Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Inventor Professional can not be installed on the same machine side-by-side.

You can just install AIP (use Product Design Suite Ultimate installation disk)on all of the clients, when clients start Inventor, it will use Product Design Suite Preimum for the first 3 machines,

If one of the 3 clients uses Professional functions,such as Tube & Pipe, Simulation, due to dynamic licensing, the computer will return back the Product Design Suite Preimum license and use the Product Design Suite Ultimate license because Professional feature requires AIP licesne which is provided by Product Design Suite Ultimate.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
Fera3
in reply to: emily.xu

Emily,

Thank you so much! You helped me a lot...

But there's a little problem... I called my country support (Brazil) to confirm your procedure and they said it's not possible due the three licences we bought are permanent. They said the licenses cannot can't operate in the license manager tool...

I'm waiting their answer now...

Kindest regards,

Felipe Gama - IT

Message 4 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: Fera3

For you have 3 PrDSP standalone licenses and 1 PrDSU network license, so it's impossible to float your PrDSU license on the clients, for the standalone license is bundled to your client machines that only have the abilities to use Inventor standard. So, update your standalone licenses to network would be the best way to meet your requirement.

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report