Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install assistance - or not?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
147 Views, 3 Replies

Install assistance - or not?

I am wondering if we should obtain installation assistance for AutoCAD Electrical 2005. We currently run ACAD 2000 and will be upgrading some of the seats to ACAD/E 2005 networked for approximately 10 users. My question is this: Is the installation of the license manager and creating the ACAD/E deployment extremely difficult? We have a good network admin, and myself that knows AutoCAD. Are there any things that you can really screw up if you don't get it right? Thanks Jim
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It's really much easier than you might think when looking through the documentation. Once you've done it once it's a snap. Just follow through step by step and you shouldn't have any problems. And there's always this newsgroup if you do run into any issues... John "Jim Shipley" wrote in message news:4120fc9b$1_1@newsprd01... > I am wondering if we should obtain installation assistance for AutoCAD > Electrical 2005. We currently run ACAD 2000 and will be upgrading some of > the seats to ACAD/E 2005 networked for approximately 10 users. > > My question is this: Is the installation of the license manager and > creating the ACAD/E deployment extremely difficult? We have a good network > admin, and myself that knows AutoCAD. Are there any things that you can > really screw up if you don't get it right? > > Thanks > Jim > >
Message 3 of 4
dsauvage

It really is a piece of cake after you do it once.

As was recommended before, just read the documentation, it is straight forward.

Before sending it out to all users, TEST one first, make sure you have everything in order, latest service packs, paths to customization, etc.

You will be surprised how easy it can be

Don Sauvage
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks- "dsauvage" wrote in message news:29849354.1093009833879.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > It really is a piece of cake after you do it once. > > As was recommended before, just read the documentation, it is straight forward. > > Before sending it out to all users, TEST one first, make sure you have everything in order, latest service packs, paths to customization, etc. > > You will be surprised how easy it can be > > Don Sauvage

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report