Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Student version of autocad on a workplace computer?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1890 Views, 6 Replies

Install Student version of autocad on a workplace computer?

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of learning 3d-modeling. I attend night courses which i think is very helpful. I have installed Autocad 2014 student version on my home computer for self-training, but it recently broke down on me. 

So, to the issue:  

I have a laptop from work, which already has a licensed version of AutoCad 2011 LT.  The problem is that i cannot practice my 3d-modeling in a LT-version.  

Will i get into any trouble if i install the 2014 Autocad Full student version on my work computer?

Sincerly,

ca2solo

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not your laptop, it belongs to someone else, so you don't have control over it PLUS they might get into an audit problem having EDU software in a production computer.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have 100% control over the laptop, that is not the issue. I'm simply
wondering if there is any legal issues with doing this?
Message 4 of 7
david.lau

Legally, I don't think there is an issue.   On a technical level,  the problem is that it can add an EDU watermark to any dwg file that you open.  Once done and saved, it will ALWAYS have the watermark.  

On top of that if you uninstall and reinstall the software with a commercial version, there are some additional steps to 'remove' the edu version.  Please check out the blog post below for all the details:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/04/quick-start-some-tips-when-using-installing-comme...

I would not install EDU version on work computer.  

David Lau
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for a quick and helpful response! I think i'll buy a new pirvate computer 😉
Message 6 of 7
david.lau

You should use this URL as a guide.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

There are hardware suggestions and 'video card' suggestions.  There is not much choice for laptops. 

David Lau
Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

With a 10 foot pole, touch I will not.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report