I have some problems with the installing of AutoCAD 2013 student version. I am using win 8 now. And I think it's about .NET. However, I tried to install .NET 4 or .NET 4.5 from MS, both failed.
Here is the log file:
2013/1/8:19:05:33 Cs CS-IDEA-PC === Setup started on CS-IDEA-PC by Cs ===
2013/1/8:19:05:33 Cs CS-IDEA-PC Launch
2013/1/8:19:05:35 Cs CS-IDEA-PC PageOpen LaunchDialog
2013/1/8:19:05:36 Cs CS-IDEA-PC PageOpen LicenseDialog
2013/1/8:19:05:38 Cs CS-IDEA-PC PageOpen ProductInfoDialog
2013/1/8:19:06:21 Cs CS-IDEA-PC PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2
2013/1/8:19:06:27 Cs CS-IDEA-PC PageOpen FullProgressDialog
2013/1/8:19:06:27 Cs CS-IDEA-PC Installing .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack: E:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2013_English_Win_64bit\3rdPart
2013/1/8:19:06:33 Cs CS-IDEA-PC Install .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
Solved! Go to Solution.
Have you tried checking that:
- Windows updates are current
- Video card is up to date and current. You can find updated drivers on the Autodesk website.
- Temp folder is emptied out as much as possible
- Uninstall from the Control Panel the Microsoft C++ 2010 Redistributable as this is typically corrupt and is the cause for a failed installation. This will reinstall when you run the setup.exe.
- Verify the .net files are not corrupt by following this process outlined; http://blogs.rand.com/support/2011/11/dont-fret-th
Do you have any other Autodesk products currently installed?
There is a known issue regarding a bug when you try to install AutoCAD with SP1.1 at the same time. See the Up & Ready blog post http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10
I hope this helps,
The reason it failed on Windows 8 is because it is looking to install .NET Framework 4.0 which is already preinstalled and newer on the Win 8 OS. Windows 8 is not a supported OS for your installation. You can however, get it installed by modifying the setup.ini to remove the prerequisite installer for .NET 4.0.
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files | Disk Space