i am tring to install Autocad 2014 on Client through a deployment on server, i am facing a problem when i am running dep.lnk file,
error massege is
the copy functions cannot be used
failed to copy the following files:
when i click on OK a new error massage open that is: c:\user\xim\appdata\local\temp\_AIL3F9.tmp
Then point ok, but another error occurs.
I Uploaded three pictures.Pictures of others similar problems arise,My machine not No screenshot.
help me ,thank you.
deployment on server is win2008 R2. the Client is win7 32bit.I'm running this on a Windows 7 machine I have full admin rights. The FireWall is off and I have full admin rights and read\wright rights to the share on the server
Please try these steps to see if they will allow you to install AutoCAD 2014 from a deployment:
1. Create a network share folder (C:\IDSU2014) on the local system with Full Control permissions granted to the Everyone group.
2. Disable your antivirus software and UAC.
3. Create the deployment and save it in local share (\\computername\ACAD2014).
4. Install the product from the local folder locally on the same system.
If that works and you would like to copy the deployment to the server, please follow these steps:
1. Manually copy the files to the desired destination on the server.
2. In the root of the deployment folder, right-click the main deployment icon and select "Properties". The name of the icon will reflect the name of your deployment.
3. On the "Shortcut" tab edit the paths of the "Target" and "Start in" fields to reflect the \\server\share path on the server.
4. In the \Tools folder, right-click the icon for "Create and Modify a deployment" and select "Properties".
5. On the "Shortcut" tab edit the paths of the "Target" and "Start in" fields to reflect the \\server\share path on the server.
6. In the \IMG folder, open the "<Deployment Name>.ini" file in a text editor. Locate the following lines and change the paths to point to the \\server\share path on the server:
7. Save and close the file.
8. In the same folder, open the IMGX64.ini file in a text editor. Locate and fix the incorrect paths in this file (update them to point to the \\server\share path on the server).
Agreed. This is almost certainly a permissions/anti-virus issue.
To be more clear, make sure that your UNC path shared on the server has full rights to the everyone group on both the share permissions and the file & folder permissions.
Disable UAC and anti-virus on the client.
If you created the deployment as silent mode, edit it so that it is not. Also do not include any updates or service packs.
Make sure the client installing has local admin rights.
Follow up here with your results.
Hello. When I have seen this error, the vast majority of issues are tied to Antivirus being turned on. Copy the installer files locally to C: and turn off your Antivirus.
Then, open your Task manager and look for Antivirus processes and kill them.
I have seen many Antiviruses continue to run after shut off and one which required and uninstall- and once that required a Macafee uninstall utility AFTER the program was uninstalled. Rare, but it happens. AV loves to stop certain functions.
Thank you for taking part in our community!
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|Installation & Licensing|