Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1455 Views, 6 Replies

I want to create a stand-alone deployment to install Inventor Series 2008 on multiple computers. They are all running Windows XP SP1 and have IE 6 SP1 installed. My deployment keeps failing, even on different computers, with the error:

Inventor installs correctly, as do the supporting programs. It's only AutoCAD that is failing. I've tried the deployment in both silent mode and non-silent, and both fail at the same place. I've done enough research on this NG to realize that Error 1603 is an Windows Installer error, but I can't find anything in the log file that points to what the trouble could be.

I've attached the log file. Does anyone have any ideas to track down this error?

Thanks,
Colin
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ran across the same problem found that Mechanical would not install across the network. we had to install a DVD drive locally to each station
Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

I also found that it will not install on AMD64 Processors running 32-Bit Windows XP.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
dbaeza

I share the same situation as Colin Mitchell. I have windows XP and i can install everything and when I get the step to install AutoCAD 2008 fails and show the error.
Anyone knows the origin of this error?

Thank you, any help will be welcome.

dbaeza
Message 5 of 7
dbaeza

I FOUND A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM:

Autodesk released 64 bit and 32 bit versions for AutoCAD. If your computer is 64bit use the DVD installation but if your computer is 32bit use the WHITE CD's to install AutoCAD.

This is how i did it and it installed AutoCAD in my XP computer.

dbaeza
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Inventor Series 2008 comes with 2 dvd's, the deployment files for AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 deployment are located on dvd 2, that's why the installation fails.

You have to manually copy files from dvd 2 (mdt folder) to deployment (mdt folder).

VidarDK
Message 7 of 7
Steve_Be

I know I'm late coming into this thread but I had to share my frustrations. I had the same experience. I spent hours trying to find the solution (everything from uninstalling .net, windows patches, all autodesk products, cleaning the registry, etc). I then thought maybe the image had a problem. Since the machine I was trying to install it on did not have a dvd I just shared the dvd drive from another machine. Still no dice. Then after reading this thread, and especially janderson's post, I installed a local dvd drive and now have no problem.

So, a big thank you to janderson!

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report