Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 installation error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rdelbian
351 Views, 6 Replies

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 installation error

Trying to install Design Suite Premium from an Image, I am getting the following error message:

"The Version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.  Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit0 or x64 (64-bit)version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

The error in the system Even Log reads:

The program or feature "\??\UNC\SERVER\vol3\Images\civil3D2014\Img\setup.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Source = Wow64 Emulation Layer with an error code of 1109

There are no messages in the installation log file.

The suite installed fine on a couple of brand new workstations, but users with existing versions of Civil3D fails.  All of our workstations run windows 7  64 bit and users are all admin on their local machines.  Workstations all exceed minimum requirements for installation.  I've uninstalled all versions of the C++ Distributable software.  No joy. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: rdelbian

Hello Rich!

I found this solution online, will you test it out to see if it resolves your issue?

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 7
rdelbian

sorry, I'm confused.  what should I be doing? I'm not sure what file I should be associating with what program.

I am trying to install infrastructure design suite 2014 from an image I created.  The shortcut points to a setup.exe and tells it to use an .ini file for config information.  The image works on a brand new PC, but will not work on an older PC with previous versions installed.

Message 4 of 7
jessica.t

It's very highly possible the machine you're trying to install from is not compatible with this product, what operating system are you working with?

And copying a product from an image is not supported, have you tried doing a fresh installation?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 7
rdelbian

As I said in my original post, all machines are windows 7 64 bit.  The image installs fine on brand new machines, but older machines that have previous versions of Civil3D return the error.

Message 6 of 7
rdelbian

I recreated the deployment and I no longer get this error. However, the deployment still fails with the error that the upiconfig.xml file is missing for the civil3d installation.
Does anyone know where the UPI folder should go in the deployment folder structure?
Message 7 of 7
david.lau

Can you re-create the deployment using only Civil 3D but use the IDSP serial and PK?

1. Use Virtual Agent to download the software via step 3 here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html

2.  Check step step 3 noted here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/09/quick-start-suite-deployment-tips.html

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report