I have Windows 8 Pro machine (64 bit) which would not install the impression 3, it said that the video card problem. I used the same video card (Nvidia Quadro 600) on windows 7 (64 bit), it's installed without any problem.
I tried to find a similar problem on the website, but I can't find any installation problem for Impression 3 under Windows 8 (64 bit)
I wouldn't have a clue what the problem with it.
Attached is the log file
Can you please help me to find out the solution for this problem?
If that's the case, is there any program from autodesk which able to do colour floor plan images?
If you can suggest me a different program from autodesk which can do the job like that, I would really appreciate it.
Attach is the image that I want to achive.
http://usa.autodesk.com/impression/ seems to be still on the Autodesk website... for sale... so I guess it's not as dead and burried as implied before.
Then again, you can accomplish the same quite easily with photoshop, paintshop and a host of other programs.
An old professor at my Architecture study once was thrilled that I had used MSPaint (I hadn't, I used Neopaint) - exclaming how wonderful it was that I could sketch on the PC.
Solution for install impression 3 on Windows 8:
1. Extract the content from installer (I recommend using winrar or winzip to extract in the same folder).
2. Right click over "Setup.exe", Properties, Compatibility, Compatibility mode, Windows Vista (SP2), Apply, Accept.
3. Run "Setup.exe", clic "OK", wait (if it show ERROR click OK, OK and Accept and run againg), click Next, Click "I accept", click Next, again and again, it shows ERROR, clic OK, OK, Accept.
4. Run "Vespa.msi" and try several times (at least three times) to install, if you have succesfully installed, congratulations!! If not, continue reading...
5. Right click over "Vespa.msi", Properties, Compatibility, Compatibility mode, (earlier)previous version of windows, Apply, Accept.
6. Right click over "Vespa.msi", Properties, Compatibility, click "run the compatibility troubleshooter", click "Test (Run) the program" button, if it show ERROR, clic OK, OK, after click again "Test (Run) the program" button, click Next, Select "I Accept", Next, Next, Next, (If you have UAC actived, Click YES) wait until the installation is complete.
Note: Try several times doing click "Test (Run) the program" button on the compatibility troubleshooter program window if the program is not install. or try closing all windows properties windows and reopen the properties and compatibility troubleshooter.
Play with all compatibility options of "Vespa.msi" incluided run again with compatibility options disabled