Installation & Licensing

troyseaward
Message 1 of 7 (1,235 Views)

Impression 3 will not install on windows 8?

1235 Views, 6 Replies
07-01-2013 04:36 PM

Hi,

I have Windows 8 Pro machine (64 bit) which would not install the impression 3, it said that the video card problem. I used the same video card (Nvidia Quadro 600) on windows 7 (64 bit), it's installed without any problem.

I tried to find a similar problem on the website, but I can't find any installation problem for Impression 3 under Windows 8 (64 bit)

I wouldn't have a clue what the problem with it.

Attached is the log file

Can you please help me to find out the solution for this problem?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 7 (1,214 Views)

Re: Impression 3 will not install on windows 8?

07-02-2013 04:39 PM in reply to: troyseaward
this program is dead and gone
autodesk will not make this compatible with windows 8
troyseaward
Message 3 of 7 (1,208 Views)

07-02-2013 05:35 PM in reply to: DarrenP

If that's the case, is there any program from autodesk which able to do colour floor plan images?

If you can suggest me a different program from autodesk which can do the job like that, I would really appreciate it.

Attach is the image that I want to achive.

Thank you

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 4 of 7 (1,193 Views)

07-03-2013 02:49 PM in reply to: troyseaward

no i don't know any at the top my head

Valued Mentor
acwtzwegers
Message 5 of 7 (1,174 Views)

07-05-2013 05:59 AM in reply to: troyseaward

http://usa.autodesk.com/impression/ seems to be still on the Autodesk website... for sale... so I guess it's not as dead and burried as implied before.

Then again, you can accomplish the same quite easily with photoshop, paintshop and a host of other programs.

An old professor at my Architecture study once was thrilled that I had used MSPaint (I hadn't, I used Neopaint) - exclaming how wonderful it was that I could sketch on the PC. :smileyvery-happy:

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 7 (1,148 Views)

07-12-2013 03:10 PM in reply to: acwtzwegers
It's not for sale: it's free if you are on subscription, but it's a dead product. It has not been updated since AutoCAD 2010. Try to buy it from your link.

System requirements: Vista and XP. It's a dead product:
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/impression_3_faq.pdf
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
joselube
Message 7 of 7 (1,046 Views)

08-21-2013 11:37 AM in reply to: troyseaward

Solution for install impression 3 on Windows 8:
1. Extract the content from installer (I recommend using winrar or winzip to extract in the same folder).
2. Right click over "Setup.exe", Properties, Compatibility, Compatibility mode, Windows Vista (SP2), Apply, Accept.
3. Run "Setup.exe", clic "OK", wait (if it show ERROR click OK, OK and Accept and run againg), click Next, Click "I accept", click Next, again and again, it shows ERROR, clic OK, OK, Accept.
4. Run "Vespa.msi" and try several times (at least three times) to install, if you have succesfully installed, congratulations!! If not, continue reading...

5. Right click over "Vespa.msi", Properties, Compatibility, Compatibility mode, (earlier)previous version of windows, Apply, Accept.
6. Right click over "Vespa.msi", Properties, Compatibility, click "run the compatibility troubleshooter", click "Test (Run) the program" button, if it show ERROR, clic OK, OK, after click again "Test (Run) the program" button, click Next, Select "I Accept", Next, Next, Next, (If you have UAC actived, Click YES) wait until the installation is complete.

Note: Try several times doing click "Test (Run) the program" button on the compatibility troubleshooter program window if the program is not install. or try closing all windows properties windows and reopen the properties and compatibility troubleshooter.
Play with all compatibility options of "Vespa.msi" incluided run again with compatibility options disabled

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube