Installation & Licensing

sylvialyons
Message 1 of 6 (1,530 Views)

Impression 3 Installation problem

1530 Views, 5 Replies
08-12-2010 03:16 PM

I have downloaded and installed Impression 3 on my 64-bit Windows 7 computer. The program opens normally, but it will not let me import a file, work on it, and save it. The program crashes each time. What's wrong?

Twice I have been able to import a dwg file. Once I was able to work on a simple project, but not able to save ever.

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 2 of 6 (1,521 Views)

Re: Impression 3 Installation problem

08-13-2010 03:07 AM in reply to: sylvialyons

Please try the hotfix for windows 7

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL14719247

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

sylvialyons
Message 3 of 6 (1,509 Views)

08-13-2010 02:37 PM in reply to: sylvialyons

The hotfix seems to have done it. However, the Api folder was under Autodesk, not Autodesk Impression 3. Is that a problem?

I still am not able to "Install Dataset" when doing the tutorial exercises for Impression 3. Is this because I am using the tutorial for Impression 2? Or is there a fix for this, too? .... Or can someone just email those files over so I can use them?

Thanks.

Sylvia Lyons

cw
cw
Message 4 of 6 (1,467 Views)

08-19-2010 08:02 AM in reply to: hashim.mundol

I have the same problem of being unable to import a dwg into Impression, or getting a successful import but then not being able to save the drawing.

I installed the Windows 7 hotfix, with NO success.  I still have the problem.

I am running Autocad Architecture 2011 on Windows 7 64 bit.  Any ideas?

upupa88
Message 5 of 6 (1,167 Views)

01-27-2011 11:18 AM in reply to: sylvialyons

I've the same problems...my pc (intel core i7 64-bit, windows 7 home premium edition) is update...I don't know the reason why, but I'm not able to open my dwg: a window opens and says "impression cannot open because it is invalid", then impression window closes itself automatically. can anybody help me?

HoffmanMT
Message 6 of 6 (435 Views)

01-28-2013 10:22 AM in reply to: sylvialyons

After the installing the hot fix, convert your drawings down to 2010 or later  They should import correctly.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube