Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate Fatal Error at startup for Maya 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mgao
1715 Views, 4 Replies

Immediate Fatal Error at startup for Maya 2014

Hello!  I just installed Maya 2014, and I'm getting immediate Fatal Errors at every startup.  I've tried reinstalling, deleting all folders containing autodesk maya and nothing seems to solve the issue.  Has anyone else experienced the same problem?  If so, what are some solutions?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: mgao

Welcome to the peer forum.

In many instances, this is caused by an unsupported video card or a bad video driver.  You might update that to see if it helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
williams
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm also having this problem. The installer was downloaded just a couple days ago, and Maya worked just fine yesterday. Then today all of a sudden Maya immediately crashes on startup. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and have up to date nVidia drivers. Not sure what to do, except stick with 2013.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: williams

Try System Restore. Microsoft puts out updates on Tuesdays. Usually when
stuff magically breaks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
williams
in reply to: TravisNave

Hmm, looking at my Windows Updates, my last one was 7/16 - well before installing 2014 or experiencing issues. Also, I've disabled System Restore points, so no go there. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report