Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you have requested an activation code...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
benverschooris
1030 Views, 1 Reply

If you have requested an activation code...

Hello,

I'm a student 3D, currently I downloaded 3DsMax and installed the software very easy.

Everything seems to work great, then I got an e-mail with my activation codes and also this information:

If you have requested an activation code through the Autodesk website, you may need to follow these additional instructions to complete your activation:

1. On your computer, copy the below activation code to your clipboard or save the Activation File (if attached).
  2. Start the product for which you requested an activation code.
  3. Follow the prompts to activate the product.
  4. When requested, paste the activation code from your clipboard or browse to the Activation File you saved in Step 1 to complete the activation.

Activation Code: (number)

I was wondering if this step is necessary... I don't know if I accidentaly 'requested' an activation code or if this is something that's part of the installation process. It says: When requested, paste the activation code, but I never get that requeste...

Will my software still work if I don't request the activation code?

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: benverschooris

Hello Ben and welcome to the community!

Good question - The email that you received is more so a confirmation of an activation code being generated in our system which would have happened behind the scenes when you went through the automated activation process.

If you had received an error during the afore mentioned process that didn't allow you to complete the activation, then this code would be used to manually activate it.

How to manually activate Autodesk products using an activation code - LINK

As it sounds like your activation was successful, feel free to disregard the email and jump right into using the software. 

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report