Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying fonts that are installed with Autodesk software

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mchervenak
257 Views, 3 Replies

Identifying fonts that are installed with Autodesk software

Is there documentation on what fonts get installed with Autodesk software?  In our case specifically AutoCAD, Revit (Building Design Suite) and Autodesk TrueView.

I am trying to track down the source of some fonts that are installed on some of our corporate workstations but not others.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: mchervenak

If you want to browse the PROPERTIES of each font file in Windows' Control panel Fonts folder, Autodesk's name shows up in everyone it provides.

Just right-click on a font file, select PROPERTIES and cehck the DETAILS tab for the copyright owner.
Message 3 of 4
mchervenak
in reply to: pendean

Sorry to disagree, but this is not entirely correct.  The fonts that are copywritten by Autodesk are identified as such (proxy fonts, simplex, roman variants), but others that are licensed and installed with Autodesk products are identified by their owners (i.e. Swis721 = Bitstream).

Also, using this method to sift through hundreds of fonts to come up with a list is a bit of a backwards and time consuming process.  This should be documented somewhere.

Message 4 of 4
mchervenak
in reply to: mchervenak

I have found what I need for my purposes by reviewing the contents of the Fonts folders in the installation media.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report