Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 21 of 26 (84 Views)

Re: IV2012 not loading

10-24-2011 08:45 AM in reply to: psimek

Did you delete the CascadeInfo.cas file and then afterwards the ProductInformation.PIT file (then a reinstall) if the preceeding failed?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Contributor
psimek
Message 22 of 26 (80 Views)

10-24-2011 09:09 AM in reply to: TravisNave

"Did you delete the CascadeInfo.cas file and then afterwards the ProductInformation.PIT file (then a reinstall) if the preceeding failed?"

I did deleted both files. But Do I need CascadeInfo.cas file since me install is stand alone station. Same situation, Inventor will not start. Same error as before.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 23 of 26 (76 Views)

10-24-2011 09:12 AM in reply to: psimek

After you deleted both files and reinstalled, were both files recreated?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Product Support
david.lau
Message 24 of 26 (74 Views)

10-24-2011 09:21 AM in reply to: TravisNave

I checked your .pit file already.  It is correct.  The .pit file is pretty important and can cause other programs to not function.  I would normally rename the file.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/What-is-the-Productinformation-pit-file-amp/m-p...

If you can get a .pit file that has Inventor Suite already installed, you maybe able to save your installation. Otherwise, you may need to re-install the software.

Also, you can try to create a new user account to see if you can run Inventor and also try running as an "Administrator". 

David Lau
Mentor
Darin.Green
Message 25 of 26 (66 Views)

10-24-2011 10:41 AM in reply to: psimek

psimek,

I resolved a similar issue with one of our customer by exporting then deleting the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor

Remember to create a backup by right-clicking on the registry key and choose "Export" before deleting...

This key will be recreated when Inventor is launched.

Once that key is removed try launching Inventor.

Darin Green
Synergis Technologies

If this resolve your issue/question, give Kudos or Accept as Solution...
Product Support
david.lau
Message 26 of 26 (53 Views)

10-25-2011 12:11 PM in reply to: TravisNave

We have been hammering this issue for a couple of days.  I think the fastest solution is to reformat the drive.  Is that a possible option?

David Lau

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube