Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
614 Views, 25 Replies

IV2012 not loading

In short, my licensed single seat IV 2012 is not loading and exit with the error screen.

Running XP Pro SR3 32 bit

Dell 7500

History, when the 2012 update was available I have loaded with out any problems and was able to use it. But last month I have lost my  account setting on my computer. Administrator created new account with the same name. Since than I am not able to load IV 2012. Removed and reloaded without any good results. I am still using IV 2011 that runs fine.

Copy of log file AdLM directory.

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               Reason=Fatal error

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               ComputerName=WORKSTATION19

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               OS=5.1.2600.Service Pack 3

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               File=AdlmIntSATSLicense.cpp,Line=1999

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               AdlmIntError=46 [This feature operation is not supported/or available in non interactive mode i.e. silent mode]

Is this problem related to licensing?

Let me know how I can resolve this problem and if you need anything else.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Edit the deployment to 'noisy'. i.e not in silent mode.

David Lau
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous

How do you change the deployment? Sorry new to the problem.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous

Need to mention, that all other programs in the suite are working fine including the Autodesk MD. No licensing issues.

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous

Latest error log file for your reference.

Message 6 of 26
Darin.Green

psimek,

Within the deployment location go into the Tools folder. Double click "Create\Modify Deployment"... On the first page, you'll see a check box for running the install in Silent mode. This is the check box David was referring to, to disable Silent Mode.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin.Green

Autodesk Pro Suite 2012 installed without any errors. I just can not run Inventor 2012 by it self. During the startup I see the flash screen with nice picture of the ride and 20 to 30 sec it goes to error screen. Logs are attached in previous post.

Message 8 of 26
Darin.Green

Try adjusting your virtual memory:

1. Right-click My Computer, choose Properties
  2. If using windows 7, you'll need to click Advanced System Settings on the left of the System screen
  3. System Properties Dialog will open
  4. Go to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Performance
  5. Performance Options dialog will open
  6. Go to the Advanced tab, and click the Change button located at the bottom of the dialog

Check your virtual memory to make sure it's above the recommended size. For example, If the Recommended size is 4000, change the Initial Size to 4000 and set the Maximum size to 5000.

If this resolves your issue, give Kudos or Accept as Solution...

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin.Green

Did not doit. Recomended size is 5270 changed to 6000min and 8000 max.

Thanks

Message 10 of 26
TravisNave

VM settings shouldn't matter because the max available on a 32-bit OS is 4096. 

Have you tried launching the application as another user, i.e. Administrator? 

You might need to delete the ProductInformation.PIT file and then reinstall your applications. 

For more detailed information about the ProductInformation.PIT file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=12545495&linkID=12010753
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 11 of 26
Darin.Green
in reply to: TravisNave

Good post Travis.

Instead of deleting the PIT file, he probably should delete the CascadeInfo.cas file located in the following directory:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Running under different user did not work. I will remove 2012 suite and follow the advise listed above. Hope that will work.

Message 13 of 26
Darin.Green

Before uninstalling the application, try deleting the cascadeinfo.cas file...

Message 14 of 26
TravisNave

Agreed.  Try deleting the CascadeInfo.cas file first.  If this does not solve it, then the alternate is likely your only option. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 15 of 26
david.lau

Can you let me know if issue is resolved?

David Lau
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

No,

I have uninstall Complete Suite, removed all program and support directories, clean up registry. Install only Inventor 2012. Still hangs in the same place. I am afraid that I will have to do total OS rebuild unless you have a better solution.

Message 17 of 26
david.lau

Can you run this SP1 update to Inventor?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17534725&linkID=9242019

David Lau
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous

SP1 was installed.

Message 19 of 26
david.lau

What video card and driver are you running?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

David Lau
Message 20 of 26
Anonymous

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report