Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26
psimek
611 Views, 25 Replies

IV2012 not loading

In short, my licensed single seat IV 2012 is not loading and exit with the error screen.

Running XP Pro SR3 32 bit

Dell 7500

History, when the 2012 update was available I have loaded with out any problems and was able to use it. But last month I have lost my  account setting on my computer. Administrator created new account with the same name. Since than I am not able to load IV 2012. Removed and reloaded without any good results. I am still using IV 2011 that runs fine.

Copy of log file AdLM directory.

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               Reason=Fatal error

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               ComputerName=WORKSTATION19

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               OS=5.1.2600.Service Pack 3

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               File=AdlmIntSATSLicense.cpp,Line=1999

4264       2011/08/10         10:21:17               AdlmIntError=46 [This feature operation is not supported/or available in non interactive mode i.e. silent mode]

Is this problem related to licensing?

Let me know how I can resolve this problem and if you need anything else.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
TravisNave
in reply to: psimek

Did you delete the CascadeInfo.cas file and then afterwards the ProductInformation.PIT file (then a reinstall) if the preceeding failed?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 22 of 26
psimek
in reply to: TravisNave

"Did you delete the CascadeInfo.cas file and then afterwards the ProductInformation.PIT file (then a reinstall) if the preceeding failed?"

I did deleted both files. But Do I need CascadeInfo.cas file since me install is stand alone station. Same situation, Inventor will not start. Same error as before.

Message 23 of 26
TravisNave

After you deleted both files and reinstalled, were both files recreated?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 24 of 26
david.lau

I checked your .pit file already.  It is correct.  The .pit file is pretty important and can cause other programs to not function.  I would normally rename the file.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/What-is-the-Productinformation-pit-file-amp/m-p...

If you can get a .pit file that has Inventor Suite already installed, you maybe able to save your installation. Otherwise, you may need to re-install the software.

Also, you can try to create a new user account to see if you can run Inventor and also try running as an "Administrator". 

David Lau
Message 25 of 26
Darin.Green

psimek,

I resolved a similar issue with one of our customer by exporting then deleting the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor

Remember to create a backup by right-clicking on the registry key and choose "Export" before deleting...

This key will be recreated when Inventor is launched.

Once that key is removed try launching Inventor.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 26 of 26
david.lau

We have been hammering this issue for a couple of days.  I think the fastest solution is to reformat the drive.  Is that a possible option?

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report