Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INventor 2012 Installation Problem - field not selectable during installation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
marccenter
526 Views, 2 Replies

INventor 2012 Installation Problem - field not selectable during installation

Dear Autodesk,

I am a FIRST Robotics team mentor trying to install Inventor 2012 on my home machine. I have received the SN and KEy code associated with this product during download.  After downloading and during install a page comes up with allows me to select design review or fusion but not Inventor 2012.  Could the issue be I have already installed Inventor 2012 on my laptop?  The laptop is handy when working with students at school but my home machine is more powerful and has a larger monitor. Is there a workaround situation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RogerMollon
in reply to: marccenter

marccenter,

Place the cursor over the red icon (circle with "no" slash thru it) to the left of the Inventor 2012 text string.  A tooltip will appear describing some prerequisites that you apparently don't have installed that we couldn't include in our installer.  These are typically Microsoft packages that we can't redistribute.  Once you have them installed the red icon will go away and you'll be able to select Inventor 2012.

I hope this helps,

Roger Mollon
Forge - Strategic Tech Consultant - Novi
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 3 of 3
marccenter
in reply to: marccenter

Wow,

That did it! My computer needed a VISTA hotfix update identified by the tooltip.  Thank you so much.  I wish I could tell you how much time I wasted trying to solve this thinking it was an issue with my computer. Next time will use this help system sooner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report