Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDSP 64 bit license cover 32 bit AutoCAD

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
AllenJessup
530 Views, 9 Replies

IDSP 64 bit license cover 32 bit AutoCAD

Would a network license for Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014 - 64 bit (which includes plain AutoCAD as a separate install) cover an installation of AutoCAD 2014 - 32 bit?

The reason if your interested.

We have an Engineer who still has a 32 bit computer. He'd like to review plans, edit a little text and maybe draw a detail. Civil 3D which is out main program is only 64 bit. So there is no way I can install that on his computer. I see that there is a 32 bit version of AutoCAD available. If the license will cover that installation. That will be enough for him.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: AllenJessup

no it wouldn't

since you have a network license

you can just download/install Autocad 2014 32 bit and use your IDSP 2014 S/N and product key

the cascading takes care of the license

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

you can download from here: http://autodesk.creativevirtual.com/autodesk/bot.htm?isJSEnabled=1&sitecontext=FRONTDESK
downloading and installation>software Download links>i need to redownload my product>Autocad Products>Autocad

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
AllenJessup

Thanks Darren. Good instructions. I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know how I get along with it next week. Monday off. Yay!

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
DarrenP

IDSP 2014 is not available in 32 bit anyway

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
AllenJessup

Yes. That's the problem. The Engineer in question doesn't need much of the available software. He could get by with AutoCAD LT if we has any seats. He'd just like to be set up to be able to open a drawing and maybe do some simple drawing and editing. So I thought if I could give him Acad 32 bit it would be enough.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
DarrenP

this would be the only way i know of to get Autocad 2014 32 bit since you have a network license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
DarrenP

Fortunately you have a network license

if you had a standalone license i don't know if this would work

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
AllenJessup

Thank you. Download is finished. I'll tackle the installation next week sometime. This isn't the highest priority. But since I had some time today I thought I'd look into it. If I have trouble. I'll probably hit up my reseller for some help.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
AllenJessup

@DarrenP wrote:

Fortunately you have a network license

if you had a standalone license i don't know if this would work

I obviously didn't know it would work at all until you told me how. I figured it was worth a shot to see if there was a way

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report