Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDSP 2015 Installation Issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Cadguru42
1056 Views, 5 Replies

IDSP 2015 Installation Issues

I've noticed there are some changes with the installer for IDSP 2015. For one, why does Raster Design require basic Autocad to be installed if all we want is Civil 3D? That's added bloat to the install size for something redundant as C3D has everything in basic Autocad. There's no need to install Autocad if you have C3D installed. 

Second, I've noticed that there's a new component to the Autocad and vertical installs called Autodesk BIM 360 Add-in for AutoCAD 2015. I do not wish to install this. If I uncheck it under C3D, I get a message stating it is also installed by AutoCAD 2015 and that it will also uncheck it for both. However, that is not what happens. If I look at the config for AutoCAD 2015, the check box is there and selected. If I unselect it in AutoCAD 2015, it also gives me a warning similar to the C3D one that says it will also be unchecked from C3D 2015. But it does not actually uncheck it. It seems that no matter what, it will get installed. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadguru42

I also got an error while Autodesk DirectConnect 2015 was being installed.

idsp2015_install_error.png

I did not have this issue when installing on Windows 8.1 on another computer. This is on Windows 7. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 6
TravisNave

You have to realize that the verticals are often just extensions of vanilla AutoCAD, so it becomes the base that Civil and Raster are attached onto.  As for your error you can probably ignore it, but you need to make sure that you are installing with local admin, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: TravisNave

@TravisNave wrote:

You have to realize that the verticals are often just extensions of vanilla AutoCAD, so it becomes the base that Civil and Raster are attached onto.  As for your error you can probably ignore it, but you need to make sure that you are installing with local admin, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled.

Unless Autodesk has changed the way 2015 works, Civil 3D has always been the full Autocad with it's features since I first started using C3D 2005. I have never had to install vanilla Autocad in order to have C3D as it was a separate program with it's own licenses which we've never had in 20+ years. It's not like the Survey and Civil modules that required Land Desktop (Autocad). And you still don't even with 2015. The problem is the Raster Design installer won't install without vanilla Autocad also being installed. That's never been the case before.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

Civil is indeed full.  Don't get me wrong.  But everything has pretty much installed in the AutoCAD folder for the last few versions. And vanilla has always been a launch option. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
asburyj

I confirmed this with our development team they did indeed make a change for the 2015 release.  The reasoning that was given "It was a decision that was made this year in order to prevent the confusing situation of install failure when no compatible verticals are selected. Some other suites, including AutoCAD Design Suite, have this behavior as well"

If you are installing raster from the suite you will be required to include vanilla AutoCAD. The only way to install raster without AutoCAD would be to install it from the single product installer linked below 

Raster Design 2015 64 bit 

Raster Design 2015 32 Bit

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report