Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDSP 2015 Deployment Build

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rkmcswain
371 Views, 5 Replies

IDSP 2015 Deployment Build

I am working on a deployment for IDSP 2015 and I have the same problem as described here. I uncheck the feature "Autodesk® BIM 360 Add-in for AutoCAD 2015", and then click to close the product options. I can immediately "click to open and configure" again, and it's checked ON again.

I do not want to install this component, but there does not seem to be a way to get it to stay UNchecked.

Has anyone found a way around this?

TIA

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yah I see what you mean. The interface for deployment creation doesn't want to let that be unchecked. What you could do is just go ahead and create the deployment anyway and then edit the deployment's ini file with notepad and delete all the calls for GLUU_PLUGIN_AUT from anywhere you find it in the ini file and then save it. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: asburyj

Is that a tried and true, supported method?
There are references to GLUE_PLUGIN_AUT, GLUE_PLUGIN_REV, and GLUE_PLUGIN_NAVSIM scattered throughout the .ini file.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 6
canadianmade

I'm also running into this situation? Too bad the deployment creator doesn't work! 

Also, how do you plan to deploy Civ 3D 2015? Without GPO support I'm left doing manual installs on the desktops. Anyone have a better solution than this? maybe using PSEXEC?

Message 5 of 6
jpucilow

There are numerous ini files created by the deployment. What is the name of the ini file you're talking about?

Message 6 of 6
ukdxb012
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi RkMcSwain,

Yes it is, you can do this for numerous things like prerequisites and it will simply miss then from the Deployment.

I'd back up your original file firstly of course.

Check out this link, it will tell you how you can stop a Deployment Image from installing the new Autodesk Application Manager... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-Application-Mana... there is a section you should read under access control about not including it in network deployments

I did this and it worked for me!

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report