Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDSP 2014 now wont find license

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AllenJessup
340 Views, 2 Replies

IDSP 2014 now wont find license

This morning I tried to open Civil 3D 2014 [part of IDSP 2014]. I got an error that the License Data couldn't be found.

flx1.PNG

I tried both options. With the second I could browse to the License file and select it. Neither would allow a License to be pulled.

Usually with this problem it's something simple. The computer running FLEXlm may be shut down or it needs to be rebooted. There may be a network connection issue. I've rebooted the FLEXlm computer and my computer and that didn't solve it. There is a network connection since I can see the computer with the license manager on it and browse to the License File.

I've been running 2014 for 7 month. I did get a new computer about 2 months ago and had to install the programs. However everything worked fine until today.

The only time I've has such a problem was right after the installation of Civil 3D 2009. Before I start deleting files of creating Environmental Variables, I’d like to here if there are any ideas as to what might have happened.

Some details about the current state of my computer

There are 10 LICPATH.LIC files. They contain SERVER and the correct server name followed by string of zeroes and USE_SERVER on the next line.

The registry value I find is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. It’s ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with a value of C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Utility Design 2014. I also see the same value in HKEY_USERS\<long string of numbers>\Software\FLEXlm License Manager.

There is no ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system variable set.

BTW. The computer running FLEXlm has XP as an OS but I don't think that would make a difference. Worked until now.

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 3 / IDSP 2014
Dell Precision T3610, Xeon CPU 3.70 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K4000
Samsung SSD 512GB
HGST (WD) 512GB drive

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: AllenJessup

Hi Allen

I have experienced that and it was invariable a disconnect to the server holding the license, but thats not the case for you?

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

@Joe-Bouza wrote:

Hi Allen

I have experienced that and it was invariable a disconnect to the server holding the license, but thats not the case for you?

Hey Joe,

It may have been. It works now. I had dismissed that possibility because I could browse to the server in Windows Explorer and could point directly to the license. I could also Ping the server with IP address and Name. It's possible IT was tuning something that interfered with my connection. The programs would open on 2 other machines so I was looking for something changed on mine.

I guess I shouldn't complain about self healing License problems.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report