Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have student serial & key but it asks me for license file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
761 Views, 7 Replies

I have student serial & key but it asks me for license file

Hi,

I have the Revit Architecture 2010 license key and product key (for students) and entered it at the begining of the installation which completed successfuly (on Vista x32).

When launching the product it tells me "license unavailable" and that I'm in demo mode

When I choose "Standalone - locked" and press register, at first it did nothing.

After few times I got the "FLEXnet License Finder" dialog asking me to specify a license file or a license server system.

both of which, I do not have.

Why is the serial and key entered not working?

Have can I solve this?

(attached screen capture)

Thanks,

SR

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi:

Please send me the serila number and product key you are using through private message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page). Also, the email address you used when you registered to our Education Community. This will help us check and verify in our system what may be causing the problem.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 8

Hi:L

I have received your serial number and checked our record. It appears to be unregistered. For you to be able to use it, please do online registration through this link: http://autodesk.com/register. For more information, you may log-in to Education Community and click on "How to Activate Software" as shown below.

Screen Shot 1.JPG

Please click on "Accept as Solution" if this suggestion helped you solve your request.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hi arlinpega.bibat,

Thanks for the reply, but I still have the problem.

I walked through the registration process on your web side, but at the end it asked me for the activation key.

The problem is that I don't get into the activation dialog. When pressing the "Register.." button I get the flexnet dialog which I attached before.

What's the next step?

Thanks,

Sigal

Message 5 of 8
joane.bonghanoy

Hi sradmoni,

We will look into this error and will register the License on our end if needed. Please private message me the following information for Registration purposes.

- Complete Address

- Email Address

- Contact Number (if in case we need to contact you)

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi,

I sent my details in a separate mail, but I did not see an answer so here it is again.

Complete Address:

- Email Address

- Contact Number (if in case we need to contact you)

(In the meantime I will try to install Revit 2012, see if it works better for me)

Thanks,

Sigal.

(Removed personal information)

Message 7 of 8
arlinpega.bibat

Hi Sradmoni:

I have responded through private message. Please provide me the request code so I may manually activate.

Thanks,
Arlin 

Arlin Bibat
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hi,

After I re-installed my Windows Vista OS from scratch, I re-installed teh Revit and not it works.

Thanks for your help

Case is closed 🙂

Sigal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report